Friday 23 August 2013

Jerry Maguire

Last night my boyfriend got home somewhat earlier than expected and we went out to get Burger King. Afterwards, we came home to watch a movie: Jerry Maguire. I have seen "Jerry Maguire" many times before and actually consider it one of my favourites. I love sports and there was a time in my life that I wanted to do what "Jerry" does, I wanted to be a sports agent.

Anyway, obviously the romance part appeals to me as a female but there is also a great lesson to be learned about being loyal towards others. I take loyalty very serious in my life: loyalty towards family, friends, my relationship, sports teams and even the schools I attended.


Last night was the first time really that I realised how he pitied himself. Through all the hype and money, he lost sight of who he really was and seemed to forget that he was working with people, not pay cheques. But with the help (and loyalty) of Rod, Dorothy and little Ray, he found his soul again and could set a good foundation to work his way up the ladder again.

Not only does this movie have romance and drama, there is also some comedy hidden in there. And it has some lines that have become pretty legendary: "Show me the moneeeyyy"!!

"Jerry Maguire" was nominated 5 times for Academy Awards and 3 times for Golden Globes. Tom Cruise (Jerry Maguire) won 2 awards for best actor and Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod Tidwell) won 3 for best supporting actor.

It is definitely a film worth the watch and I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment